San Salvador




I'm sitting in my hotel room in San Salvador. I safely arrived a few hours ago with all of my luggage. I was a bit concerned it would all make it for a couple of reasons. First, when I went to check my black and yellow totes, I was informed I couldn't take them. Apparently there is an embargo that only American Airlines enforces that says it had to be a suitcase. So Mom and Randy went with me to Wal-mart and helped me frantically buy suitcases and re-pack everything in the Wal-Mart parking lot. I kept saying that I felt like we were on "Amazing Race" and winning! We managed to keep our cool and make it back to the airport in plenty of time. After that, I had no real issues. When I went to baggage claim, I immediately saw my first bag. I waited for the second bag and never saw it. I started to get nervous but then looked and saw that someone had set it aside thinking it was theirs. Lots to be thankful for today. I'm here, I'm safe, and my luggage is too.




The past few months have been a whirlwind of activity preparing for my move here. When I finally got to board the plane headed to El Salvador, I had a huge grin on my face and was so excited to just get here! Tomorrow, I have plans to hang out with my primos and get settled in La Palma!!!




Thank you to everyone that has been so helpful through out this whole experience and thank you for the prayers today. I know thats why things went so well.


Love,


Teresa

2 Response to "San Salvador"

  1. faith4jesus247 says:
    July 2, 2010 at 6:36 AM

    Yay! Glad you got there safe and without any hitches along the way. I'm excited to keep up with your adventures - post often!!

  2. Teresa Barten says:
    July 3, 2010 at 5:51 PM

    I will do my best to post often! Love ya Amber!

Post a Comment