La Palma


I have made it to La Palma! I'm mostly unpacked and getting accustomed to my new surroundings. I've also learned where to buy towels. I bought a bath towel for 20 dollars (eeks!!) and later learned I could in fact get one for less than 3. Lesson learned.
The first day I was here, I attended a ladies class and a teens class. It was a great opportunity to meet a lot of people. I understood parts of the ladies class, but I understood almost all of the teens class! There is hope for my spanish speaking abilities yet!
I was able to talk to my family today. That was such a blessing! Even if I did cry when I talked to my niece Kayli. She's 3 and kept telling me how much she loves and misses me.
SO FAR, I have not gotten sick!! I know its only been two days, but after two days on my last trip, I was already sick. Hopefully, I will stay parasite free for a while.
The picture is of my friend Joel. He met me in San Salvador before I left to go to La Palma.
Tomorrow we will have church and I look forward to a great time of fellowship with my new friends.
Not sure when I will be able to write next, so this blog is full of lots of random information! Hope you all have a wonderful Independence Day! Celebrate our country and pray for those serving it.

2 Response to "La Palma"

  1. DJ says:
    July 5, 2010 at 5:50 PM

    I am so glad you made it there safely. May God continue to bless you.

  2. Unknown says:
    July 6, 2010 at 1:58 PM

    Did he get his t-shirt? Hope you feel better soon. Glad to hear things are going well. A little set back in getting sick. Maybe sick now and well for the rest :). Love you hope you gave Joel a hug from me.

Post a Comment