Uncle Park

On a personal note:

Tonight, my great uncle Park passed away. The last of my Grandpa's (Jess Willis) siblings. We are indeed quickly losing an amazing generation of Godly examples and church leaders. Please dont take advantage of this generation. We need to appreciate them and learn as much as we can from them while we still have them.

Uncle Park. I did not know him as well as I would have liked to have known him. But this is what I can tell you. He had an irresitiable smile and unwavering faith in God. Despite his own failing health, he traveled to Missouri to be with my family when my grandpa passed away. I remember him sitting on the front row next to my grandma as they tried to comfort each other during that difficult time. I also know that as soon as he heard that I was coming to work in El Salvador, he called me to say how proud he was and how he wanted to help in any way he could. He told me that with his social security check, his monthly income was around $700, but that he knew that he could help finanically support me. I told him that his love and prayers were all the support I needed, but he wanted to help. He decided he would start out sending $10 a month and if he could, he would increase it to $20 a month. I greatly appreciate everyone who has contributed to make this work possible. But this gift in particular really got to me.
Luke 12:43-44 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth, but she, out of her poverty, put in everything-all she had to live on."

This week marks the one year anniversary since my grandma passed away. She has been on my mind a lot lately. I take comfort in this following verse. It was one of her favorites.
John 14:1-2
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you."
I can almost picture her quoting this verse with a smile on her face and that soft warm gentle voice saying, "Dont cry over this, dont you know that our Father in heaven is looking out for us? And one day soon we will all be together in heaven. no sense in you crying right now. I'm just waiting for you to get here."


1 Response to "Uncle Park"

  1. Darryl says:
    November 1, 2010 at 9:29 PM

    Teresa, thank you for such sweet words!Dad simply slipped away peacefully. It is often said you die the way you lived. His passing was as peaceful as his life.

Post a Comment